Sunday, February 04, 2007

Run Away! Run Away!

OMG! LMFAO!

I've caught myself just in time!

An ad' popped up in my I.M. window, for an online dating place. In a moment of stupidity, and whilst still a little peeved (see previous post) I thought it looked like fun:

Check out the bile that spewed forth when I was asked to write my profile:

Okay, I'd describe myself as being honest, although others might describe me as being straight-forward, or at worst: blunt! Sure I can be flippant at times, but I'm also an incredibly nice guy, if I like you.

So, with that in mind... It could be said that I'm a fixer. Somehow I attract broken people. I care for them, give them love and support, get them back on their feet, show them their true worth to the world, building their confidence... until they are fixed. When they no longer need fixing, we generally part company, they usually take all my stuff with them, and I end up having to re-build my life from scratch...

If all that sounds a bit bitter, it's because I'm just going through a divorce, which has seen me move out of a 300 y.o. detached, and into a room at my parents. (Not for long, I should add, I'm just here for a month until I find a flatmate close to work, in an un-familiar area, where I know no-one.)

Don't worry though, it's all relatively ammicable, and you'll not wind up stuck on a date with some whinning, sobbing wreck, going on about how much he misses his wife... I'm okay, over it, I've moved on.

I am however, resolved not to repeat previous well-worn mistakes, which include falling head over heels, getting real serious real quick, and subjecting my now almost teenage daughter to step-moms from hell!

I'm looking for fun with someone who, whilst they may well have a whole broom cupboard of skeletons, is generally well balanced, who will not begrudge my daughter for having to share my affections with her, nor hate her for the fact that I don't want any more kids. Truth is, you'll probably not get to meet her for months and months and months...if at all!

WTF was I thinking? (besides kill kill kill!) Bitter? Me? Is it any wonder that you only ever meet lunatics online! (stories on this topic to follow on a slow news day!)

No comments: